IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING SUMMER 2020 GATE TESTING
Updated on May 28, 2020
In order to adhere to guidelines put in place by the local and state health and governing authorities, GATE testing has been temporarily placed on hold. We will not be administering the summer GATE test that would have been scheduled to take place in mid-June, 2020.
The GATE office will provide parents/guardians with an update once we are able to safely resume testing.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we continue to do our best to serve our current and future GATE students during this extremely challenging time. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the GATE office via email at GATE@ggusd.us.
Marie Kennedy - Supervisor, Gifted and Talented Education (GATE)
GATE TESTING REQUEST
Parent Referral Forms (Request for GATE Testing)
Private School or Non-GGUSD Students:
If you are interested in having your private school or non-GGUSD student tested for the GGUSD GATE Program, and are currently living within the Garden Grove Unified School District Boundaries, please include the following additional documentation with your testing referral form:
- Copy of Parent/Guardian Identification
- Copy of student's birth certificate/record
- Two documents to show proof of address within the GGUSD boundaries (utility bill showing services to the address provided on the form, correspondence from the IRS/State/County, payroll stub showing name and address, Social Services documentation, rental agreement signed by both parties)
GATE TESTING INFORMATION
Winter GATE Testing
Parent and Teacher Referrals accepted on or before DECEMBER 1, 2020.
- Testing will take place Winter, 2021.
- Testing date parent notifications will be sent home 1 week prior to testing.
- Students who qualify during Winter testing are eligible to begin placement for the 2021-2022 school year.
Summer GATE Testing (June, 2021)
Parent and Teacher Referrals accepted DECEMBER 2, 2020 to MAY 1, 2021.
- Students who qualify during Summer testing are eligible to begin placement for the 2021-2022 school year IF SPACE IS AVAILABLE
GGUSD GATE PARENT EDUCATION NIGHT FEATURING SHARON DUNCAN
Please join us as we welcome back our guest speaker Sharon Duncan of Gifted Identity℠ for the first GATE parent meeting of the 2020-2021 school year. Parents will learn even more ways to meet the unique social, emotional, and intellectual needs of gifted students.
More info coming soon!
If you have questions, please contact the GATE department directly at 714-663-6488 or email GATE@ggusd.us.
For more information about Sharon Duncan, please visit her website at http://www.giftedidentity.com/